Campagnolo Zonda C17 Bolt Thru Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supasamba

Hello,
I have recently bought a set of Campagnolo Zonda C17 Bolt Thru wheels to fit to my Mason Bokeh. I have a Campag Ekar groupset and had to buy an adaptor kit (N3W AC21 N3WRFCC) to get the correct freehub for the Ekar 13 speed cassette. I have fitted the adaptor and the rear wheel complies with the instructions and set up but on fitting the wheel to the frame and ensuring it is secured tightly, the wheel spins ok but the drivetrain does not turn freely, to the point that it seizes after a few miles. I have taken everything apart and ensured that the assembly is correct. There were a couple of endcaps provided which were referred to as HH12 in the manual, but only one side fits and it makes no difference.

It looks like the whole thru-axle mounting element is moving and rubbing against the frame drop outs and maybe there needs to be a washer either side to stop this rubbing? Has anyone else expreienced the same issue with Campag Zonda's or even just Bolt Thru axles?

I have a set of Hunt 4 Season 650b's and they work without any issues, but they do have a different thru axle set up.

Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks

Top Bottom