Camping at Camas Torsa, Sunart Woodlands, Ardnamurchan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Hi all
Just focusing on some End to End planning and I found this beautiful spot on Google Earth on the Ardnamurchan peninsula.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.7...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s-DjylkO_Sa-a_vF_DCJT2A!2e0
It's a lochside picnic/parking area and looks just the sort of place where you MIGHT see a "No camping" sign. Anyone camped there, or can recommend anywhere else on the peninsula for wild camping?
Cheers
Geoff

I know it well. I can't recall if there is a sign there or not but just after that grass is a pebble beach. I don't recall anywhere out of the way. The chances are you will be fine if you pitch late and leave early. I have seen camper vans there overnight before. That's a tough road to cycle by the way. Up or down but never flat. There is a campsite further along on the A861, alternatively use that spot but take shelter in the Salen Inn just a few miles past until ready to camp, then head back.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
I know it well. I can't recall if there is a sign there or not but just after that grass is a pebble beach. I don't recall anywhere out of the way. The chances are you will be fine if you pitch late and leave early. I have seen camper vans there overnight before. That's a tough road to cycle by the way. Up or down but never flat. There is a campsite further along on the A861, alternatively use that spot but take shelter in the Salen Inn just a few miles past until ready to camp, then head back.
Cheers Crackle!

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
There is another way, Geoff..........
camper-bike-6[1].jpg

Top Bottom