Camping stove for extended tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackSwan83

Hi All,

In early stages of planning a cycle trip around the coast of Europe and wondering what your thoughts are on camping stoves...my friend has a Trangia 27 and it seems like a nice bit of kit but wondering if anyone else had any opinions. Im trying to keep weight down so was looking at the mini version http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trangia-Min...&qid=1368639763&sr=8-2&keywords=trangia+stove

Any tips would be appreciated as will be buying this month so i can get some field testing in.

Many thanks

Sam

stephenjubb

Über Member

Crankarm

Guru
The Trangia is an excellent stove, safe and stable. Don't go for a Trangia Mini or 27 series as they are too small, not big enough to feed a mouse let alone a hungry cyclist. I was advised on here to get the larger 25 series and it was good advice. I run mine on gas as well as I hate the smell of meths.

Following the coast of Europe is a long ride. You might be riding for some time. I would take a 2nd stove as cooking on one is very restrictive and a back up is a good idea although the Trangia is very reliable. Take a 2nd light Primus/MSR stove. You can use the Trangia pans on it.

Good luck.

Top Bottom