Camping with Force Ten Tents: Thoughts and Opinons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
They weren't built for carrying around in a rucsac! That's why they're so robust.

scotty110788

What i currently use in all weather, light as pair socks, i use tarp over top for sitting under while i cook and also extra protection 200quid
rab.jpg
. my mates coleman boa and for 120 quid, best tent i have ever had pleasure of using, been in all conditions for years, he dont really look after it either lol
coleman.jpg
. this was my last one, also 200, lightwave t2 trek, this really let me down even though i continued to use for few year, im so glad it fell down on us in snow so i had excuse to get new 1.
lightwave.jpg
also gutted we had no winter this year so far :angry: love talking about tents and camping :blush:

Milo

Guru
This is my canvas beastie lady not included. Just about possible to backpack with if your feeling burly at 3kg or so. Dead simple tent 1 center pole and 6 pegs or so and Welsh rain proof just about if you can accept that some water will get in getting in and out.
tent.JPG
I do have a vango banshee which is ok but in no way a 2 person tent unless you are very close friends or aware of each others anatomy on an intimate level. Still Vango make ok tents IME

Marc Young

Hi,

I currently work for Force Ten by Vango and I would like to get some opinions and
experiences from the users of Force Ten.

Ifyou have been a user of Force Ten, what are your thoughts on its tent designfeatures, pricing and benefits? Whatkind of improvements would you like to see? If you have never tried Force Ten before, why and what is your thoughtsof it as a brand in the market?

Arethere any other brands that you use and/or prefer? Why?

Whatother outdoor pursuits do you enjoy while camping?

*If you wish to, please specify where you are from.

Thanksin advance'.

Hi there
I have just returned from the Womad music festival where I slept in my 40 year old force 10 for 3 nights. It was absolutely great- easy to erect and so sturdy. It is still in good nick but faded, some of the rubber band are the original ones- not bad. Earlier this year my daughter borrowed it and loved it too. A classic tent.

rowan 46

Über Member
when I was in the scouts many years ago our troop had a couple of force 10 ridge tents and they were great but heavy, Last year I bought a vango hurricane 300, this year it was camped next to a vortex 300 during the storms that hit cornwall and devon at the beginning of june. Winds were recorded at 50-60mph with gusts at over 70mph and these two tents were the only tents in the field which were not flattened. the only difference I could see was the snow valances on the porch of the force 10 and the colour and the logo which apparently puts about £150 on the cost of the force 10 which is essentially the same tent as the hurricane. so that's my only gripe against force 10 price.

Teuchter

Über Member
Some of my earliest tent camping experiences were in old canvas Force 10s while doing DofE expeditions with the Air Cadets in the Scottish Highlands during the 80s. They weren't too bad to carry split between 2 and seemed to be cadet proof, unlike some of the cheaper tents some people used at the same time. Stood up well to bad weather.

I'd own one again* but there are so many cheaper alternatives out there that while not so bomb proof, are good enough for my current modest car / motorbike camping needs. Currently own a Khyam Igloo which has been all over Europe on the back of a motorbike but I wouldn't hike or cycle with it.

* Edit: I didn't own it, it was issued.

Top Bottom