Can anybody identify these classic bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neilkent

Hi,

I am looking for help in identifying two classic old bikes we have found in our garage while making space for a workshop.

One is a 'Simson' and looks to have chassis no. 947920, its in pieces, but the frame looks pretty sturdy.

The other is Russian I believe? Badge looks like 'MUVE' and has a metal logo for 'Lucmnik' on the back wheel, it also has a dynamo and lamp.

I bought them about 4 years ago, and was told the sellers grandfather had them in Poland during the cold war. Apparently the first bike was from West Germany and was very rare in the eastern bloc.

I am looking to sell both, because I feel they are being wasted in my garage.

Any advice or pointers would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_20201114_114753.jpg
    IMG_20201114_114753.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20201114_114639.jpg
    IMG_20201114_114639.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20201114_100802.jpg
    IMG_20201114_100802.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20201114_100756.jpg
    IMG_20201114_100756.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 17

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Interesting bikes, afraid I don't have any information on them, perhaps a search of the internet might yield some clues as to their history.
They wouldn't be worth a whole lot even in good original condition but like this they would need a lot of money spending to bring them back to a condition fit for riding.
You could offer them in the classifieds section here and see if anyone is interested but appeal would be limited.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

OP
OP
N

Neilkent

Thanks for the replies, I am going to get better pics for you to see. You have already given me a much better idea of what they are so its much appreciated. I will get them back out for better photos tomorrow

OP
OP
N

Neilkent

Interesting bikes, afraid I don't have any information on them, perhaps a search of the internet might yield some clues as to their history.
They wouldn't be worth a whole lot even in good original condition but like this they would need a lot of money spending to bring them back to a condition fit for riding.
You could offer them in the classifieds section here and see if anyone is interested but appeal would be limited.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Not at all, thanks for taking time to respond.

OP
OP
N

Neilkent

@Neilkent do you have any side on pictures showing all of the bikes from the drive side as that always helps

Presume you are Kent based ?
Hi, yes we are in Gillingham.

I will get some decent side pics for you to see them properly. Thanks for the response

OP
OP
N

Neilkent

Top Bottom