Can anyone explain this printing glitch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Don't hold your breath. There seem to be far too many fixes which fix one thing and break something else. The biggest problem is working out what updates are going to be installed then remembering to put updates on hold until the failings have hopefully been discovered.
Even numbered versions of WIndows have not had a good reputation. Win10 was supposed to be the exception. I often wish I hadn't (up)graded from Win7 (more crashes / not responding in the last 3 months since installing W10 than the last 8? years of Win7).
Hmmm. Have to say, I got my desktop (2nd hand) with Win10, about five or six years ago, and as best I can remember, this is the first real glitch I've encountered. In case it's of any interest, I also heard back from BBC web-people (within an hour - how about that!), who said
It has come to our attention that we are experiencing some technical difficulties with the website that is affecting visitors’ ability to print out our recipes.
Rest assured that we are working to fix this problem and will have this feature available and working as soon as possible.

I'll carry on with the screen-grabs for the mo - hope to see a fix from someone in the not-too-distant.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Did you click the print button on the BBC recipe page or did you use the built in print menu option of your browser?

Reactions: C R

aferris2

Guru
Hmmm. Have to say, I got my desktop (2nd hand) with Win10, about five or six years ago, and as best I can remember, this is the first real glitch I've encountered. In case it's of any interest, I also heard back from BBC web-people (within an hour - how about that!), who said
It has come to our attention that we are experiencing some technical difficulties with the website that is affecting visitors’ ability to print out our recipes.
Rest assured that we are working to fix this problem and will have this feature available and working as soon as possible.

I'll carry on with the screen-grabs for the mo - hope to see a fix from someone in the not-too-distant.
Good of them to test the changes before releasing to the public...
... or not.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As a general point, I've got around print problems by cutting and pasting the text into a simple file - such as a new email - then printing from that.

Notes might work on Windows, or SimpleText on a Mac.

Another alternative is one of the many free simple word processing programs.

The method gives variable results if printing pics or graphics.

Top Bottom