Can anyone help me identify what frame this is?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukAs98

image.jpg

Hi, I'm new to this. I need help identifying a frame I recentl got. It looked like it was from the 70s on first glance but then when I looked closer I noticed the frame did look older... So I have done some research and I believe it's a clubman frame or a lenton frame... It has 27 inch wheels, but no brazed on pulley boss which has caused me to not to be able to specifically identify the frame because all the years the bike had 27" wheels it seemed to have a brazed on pulley. I've sanded the frame a bit and reaveled blue paint underneath so I believe it was originally blue. The serial number is '505212T'Can anyone help me identify what this is? Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Your right in thinking its earlier. There are plenty of sites dealing with Raleigh serial numbers. It could also be one of the companies bought out by raleigh as well. Apart from that it's going to be hard to be definite about the model. If it's a Lenton or clubman it would probably be reynolds 531 plain gauge which would gave a seat stem size of 26.4mm. If that's the case then it does narrow down what the model may have been. The lugs may also help to guide you with a year.

As for the wheels the front one should have a date code on if it's a sturmey dynohub. This may give you confidence of whether they may be original or later additions.

Nice looking bike.

OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

Thanks tony, I've looked up the serial number and I can't get an exact match to a type of bike however it suggests it's around a 53-54 model which leads me to believe it's lenton... I'll check the size of the seat stem though thanks:smile:. Only the clubman type ones have them lugs too

OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

The clubman had around the same stem...

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150306_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150306_0001.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 40
U

User42423

View attachment 81622
Hi, I'm new to this. I need help identifying a frame I recentl got. It looked like it was from the 70s on first glance but then when I looked closer I noticed the frame did look older... So I have done some research and I believe it's a clubman frame or a lenton frame... It has 27 inch wheels, but no brazed on pulley boss which has caused me to not to be able to specifically identify the frame because all the years the bike had 27" wheels it seemed to have a brazed on pulley. I've sanded the frame a bit and reaveled blue paint underneath so I believe it was originally blue. The serial number is '505212T'Can anyone help me identify what this is? Thanks.

After looking through my limited range of Raleigh catalogues, I think this is possibly a Lenton Sports.

Top Bottom