can anyone identify this vintage Road Bike Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zhcj

been in our garage for years

can anyone possibly identify this vintage road bike from the photos?

Attachments

• IMG_5442.JPG
    IMG_5442.JPG
    352.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5447.JPG
    IMG_5447.JPG
    370.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5449.JPG
    IMG_5449.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5444.JPG
    IMG_5444.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 37

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nothing special I'm afraid. Could be a low end Raleigh. Looks to be from the seventies from the derailleur.
Any number under the bottom bracket?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Welcome @zhcj
I would presume nothing ultra special but looks rideable.
Any frame number info on bottom bracket shell , rear dropout or seat tube under that black paint?

Gunk

Guru
The components all look similar to what was fitted to low end gas pipe framed 1980’s Raleigh’s but the chrome forks are odd, so may be a Peugeot.

OP
OP
Z

zhcj

ahh okay thankyou all im no expert just wanted to be sure what it was before i list it

OP
OP
Z

zhcj

this may sound a stupid quesrion to those that know what is termed as the bottom bracket so i can see if there is a number

midlife

Guru
Head tube lugs with the horn style front and cut out windows remind me of a Dawes. Not sure the forks belong.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Bottom bracket is the thing at the bottom of the frame the cranks thread through.
If you are going to list it I'd describe it as for 'spares or repairs '. Those tyres won't be roadworthy and you don't want any comebacks from people who thought they had bought a ready to ride bike.

Ajax Bay

Guru
ahh okay thankyou all im no expert just wanted to be sure what it was before i list it
Don't waste time looking for any number under the BB - irrelevant.
Worth including as part of any listing the frame size (it is not small) - give the dimension in cm or inches from the crank axle (centre of BB) up the seat tube to the centre of the top tube (cross bar). Rider would need to be 6 foot plus.
I'd also state (if true) that the seat post is free (ie that one can adjust the height of the saddle).
@Gunk is being generous.

The components all look similar to what was fitted to low end gas pipe framed 1980’s Raleigh’s but the chrome forks are odd, so may be a Peugeot.

Most of the low end Pugs of that era and grade use internal lugs. The stamped dropouts are similar to my old Falcon and scores of other 1970s sports bikes. Rideable transport.

OP
OP
Z

zhcj

thanks for all your advise cannot see any number on it was worth asking if it has any value

Top Bottom