Can anyone identify this ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biikerguy

20221011_103808.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A few more pics would help but from the look of the brake it would seem to be a basic mass produced model from a far Eastern maker.
One of our stateside members might recognise the name @Gravity Aided

Last edited:
OP
OP
biikerguy

biikerguy

I guess I'll try to get more pics. There are no stickers or any other markings that I can see.

Attachments

• 20221011_103838.jpg
    20221011_103838.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20221011_103946.jpg
    20221011_103946.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 29

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Due to the lack of makers name I'm guessing that's probably been made for a mail order catalogue or another outlet that doesn't only deal with bikes like sporting goods store or Walmart sort of establishment. Made to sell at a bargain basement price. The stick on name would be changed to suit the seller.
Could be from the seventies/eighties.

OP
OP
biikerguy

biikerguy

Due to the lack of makers name I'm guessing that's probably been made for a mail order catalogue or another outlet that doesn't only deal with bikes like sporting goods store or Walmart sort of establishment. Made to sell at a bargain basement price. The stick on name would be changed to suit the seller.
Could be from the seventies/eighties.

Thanks for the reply. I was just curious to know because I looked and looked online and couldn't find any information at all on it. I purchased for free and was wondering if it be worth while fixing up ? Probably not I guess !

si_c

Guru
Definitely worth spending a small amount cleaning up, removing any rust and regreasing and recabling.

It should yield a good, serviceable bike for someone with minimal effort, however it does look like a more budget friendly bike based on the lack of obvious branding and the style of brake on the front. As @Cycleops suggests it looks like it's from the mid to late eighties with those decals on the forks, the lack of clearly visible cottered cranks in the photo would put it later than a 70s bike.

VeloToddALXVA

Definitely worth spending a small amount cleaning up, removing any rust and regreasing and recabling.

It should yield a good, serviceable bike for someone with minimal effort, however it does look like a more budget friendly bike based on the lack of obvious branding and the style of brake on the front. As @Cycleops suggests it looks like it's from the mid to late eighties with those decals on the forks, the lack of clearly visible cottered cranks in the photo would put it later than a 70s bike.

I know this thread is old but ....look at the brakes though. Weinmann or something similar, look like 70s brakes.

VeloToddALXVA

Weinmann calipers? Certainly not, go and wash your mouth out :smile:
Cheap pressed steel probably from china, see a lot of them here.

Hi, Amurican here (yee haw) new to this forums not familiar with Weinmann ...no offense but I thought they were "shyte" brakes anyways, no? 🤓

Attachments

• 20230503_014743.jpg
    20230503_014743.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 13

VeloToddALXVA

If anyone wants a free pair and wants to pay for shipping hit me up. Got a pair mounted on an old Gitane

If not I'm gonna trash em' 🤣lol

brommieinkorea

Early 80's . Looks like a Sears Free Spirit possibly. Made before Walmart went national. Lugged and braised fork says they were trying for a quality look, and they painted it Celeste to bring to mind Bianchi, which it isn't. Those brakes were formed much like wrought iron not stamped out by a press.

Top Bottom