Can anyone recommend a set of head phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
You could cut the plug off + an inch of cable and solder a new plug on.
have you seen how much wire there is in those things?

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The best small headphones I've ever come across aren't buds, but these, which came with Sony Discmans back in the day. Fantastic sound for such small units, and they fold up into a tiny package that slips into a breast pocket. If you get them from vintage hi-fi sites, they generally go for anything from about $50-$100, but if you look on ebay for discmans, you can often get them for a lot less - and you get a discman for free! (Do be careful....not all discmans came with these particular headphones.)

andyfraser

Über Member
The best small headphones I've ever come across aren't buds, but these, which came with Sony Discmans back in the day. Fantastic sound for such small units, and they fold up into a tiny package that slips into a breast pocket. If you get them from vintage hi-fi sites, they generally go for anything from about $50-$100, but if you look on ebay for discmans, you can often get them for a lot less - and you get a discman for free! (Do be careful....not all discmans came with these particular headphones.)
I had some of them. If I remember right, they sounded good, to everyone around you.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I had some of them. If I remember right, they sounded good, to everyone around you.
Share the joy! ^_^

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I've tried quite a few in that price range, Sennheiser CX 300 ll etc. But Soundmagic E10's are a lot better IMVHO. Worth paying a touch extra for. If you do get Sennheiser CX 300's be sure to get off a proper website, as I believe a lot of fakes are on a well known auction site that sound shite.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
[QUOTE 3649786, member: 259"]£30! Are you made of money? :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

No lol.

On a side note I was in PC world and trying the more expensive on ear headphones like Dr. Dre etc, some were up to £150 but I thought they were not that great. Then again I don't think my Moto G mobile phone is the best source by a long way. I guess what I'm saying that in my case and what I use as a source spending more than £30 is a waste of money, I think...

Top Bottom