Can Anyone Recommend Me A Tough Smart Phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It was. Unfortunately it fell out of my fleece pocket whilst cycling home and a HGV then ran over it, to say it's a sorry sight, is an understatement :sad:

I doubt that any replacement budget smart phone would stand up to that sort of treatment. :laugh:
I was speaking to my sister yesterday. Her lad had a similar thing happen at work - he noticed that his phone was no longer in his pocket. He looked around the warehouse and finally spotted it on the concrete floor... just as a fork lift truck drove over it! :eek:

He had bought the quality refurbished phone for £250. He rang the insurance company who looked up the list price, knocked off a £100 excess charge, and gave him double what he had paid. He bought another refurbished one at half price!

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
IPhone of some vintage here, bought for a good deal from a parishioner here.
Have it strapped to my hip with this thick, canvas pouch I got for about a tenner from my NZ work gear maker.
Such a thing could easily be made by a decent needle-jockey. The thing straps on with very tough Velcro.
My job is pretty rough and dirty, but the old phone keeps on going strong. Fair enough I'm having to peer through a few scrapes on the screen, but it must have been here four years.

D1CBD3E5-3EB4-423D-A24A-7E603F39C5EC.jpeg

postman

Legendary Member
I bought a full surround case off ebay,very thick rubber if that is the right description.Makes the phone chunky and heavy though.Miss Goodbody tells me she can put together something in leather than can be strapped on.keeping the phone safe.

Depends on what you want from 'tough'. I usually case mine in TPU all-round gel cases for usually less than a fiver delivered. Seems to deflect the worst of the knocks. Have tried this wheeze on a Galaxy S7 Edge, and iPhone 6, and a Huawei P20 Pro, and all have survived well.
Example:
iPhone 7

Top Bottom