Can anyone see the reg of this lorry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
IME, unless the registration plate is clear, plod is not going to take any action. I have had it a couple of times where Cheshire police have declined to take action, because of a water droplet being in the wrong place on the lens, or like you cycling into a low winter sun has created a loss of definition.

DRM

Guru
IME, unless the registration plate is clear, plod is not going to take any action. I have had it a couple of times where Cheshire police have declined to take action, because of a water droplet being in the wrong place on the lens, or like you cycling into a low winter sun has created a loss of definition.

This^^^ it's unreadable, it's one to let go

mustang1

Guru
Cannot see number plate but that was a nice tree.

Kidding aside, yeah this is one of those "just let it go" things unfortunately. You'll spend a lot of time chasing it without a positive result at the end.

simongt

Guru
As has been suggested, it was just 'one of those irritating things' as a part of life's rich pattern.
Unfortunately, nationwide the peelers are so over committed and under established that pursuing this will be pointless as unreadable number plates are well down on their list of priorities unless it could be proven to be a contributory factor in a serious incident. :dry:

Biker BoB

As has been suggested, it was just 'one of those irritating things' as a part of life's rich pattern.
Unfortunately, nationwide the peelers are so over committed and under established that pursuing this will be pointless as unreadable number plates are well down on their list of priorities unless it could be proven to be a contributory factor in a serious incident. :dry:
I know of a police officer who sits Infront of a screen 5 days a week to review camera footage of incidents just like this.
He's paid a huge amount of money and has a good pension looking forward..
His most used opinion is to press the delete button and move onto the next video....

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Yow that was close, shame the camera was blinded by the light.

If this happens too much then you might consider a rear camera which increases the chances of getting the registration.

Fastpedaller

I can make out BG (or BC) 57
Looking at area allocation for plates may narrow down the G or C, but I can't get any more. I wonder if there's a way of enhancing it - Maybe copy into paint and try different enhancement modes/colours?

Drago

Legendary Member
If you enhance, or more correctly "alter", the image you negate it's value as evidence. It sadly does nothing more than open up a handy bundle of defences for the offender, so except in the most serious or crimes where the risk can be justified (or used to progress an enquiry rather than for evidential value in its own right) that wouldn't pass go.

Fastpedaller

Ere - you've altered your avatar!
Why is enhancing the image ok for a 'serious' crime but not ok for another? That doesn't make sense, and also if the implication is that the enhancement may give false data, then surely the implications of a wrong conviction are worse for a more serious crime?

classic33

Leg End Member
If you enhance, or more correctly "alter", the image you negate it's value as evidence. It sadly does nothing more than open up a handy bundle of defences for the offender, so except in the most serious or crimes where the risk can be justified (or used to progress an enquiry rather than for evidential value in its own right) that wouldn't pass go.
If you make a copy of the original, and work on the copy, leaving the original intact, to try and get an image of the plate, how would that affect things?

davidphilips

Veteran
Thank goodness the OP is both an experienced and safe cyclist that does not panic, a pass that close to a cyclist that was cycling to close to the edge could have a very different outcome, cycle like the OP and give yourself room to maneuver.

Top Bottom