Can anyone tell me any info about this tricycle please? ☺️

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

meganx97

Wishing you good luck with the Barron bike as well; currently well undervalued at £81.
Thank you I appreciate that 😊

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Wishing you good luck with the Barron bike as well; currently well undervalued at £81.

They're doing ok, the trike has got 5 interested bidders and two days to go. Tandems can also fetch decent money with the right buyers watching. The other vintage ones have also attracted interest, plus there's two moderns, which someone will buy even if just for use as commuter hacks. I'd be surprised if the grand total for the lot is any less than £1200 by the time all the auctions end.

OP
OP
M

meganx97

They're doing ok, the trike has got 5 interested bidders and two days to go. Tandems can also fetch decent money with the right buyers watching. The other vintage ones have also attracted interest, plus there's two moderns, which someone will buy even if just for use as commuter hacks. I'd be surprised if the grand total for the lot is any less than £1200 by the time all the auctions end.
Wow, that’s great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to reply 😊 the gold and green Barron has 89 watchers and the Barron trike has 65 so hoping for some last minute bidders!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The serious watchers will likely play their cards close to their chest and may not bid until nearly the end of the auction. A few bid sniping tools will probably be deployed in the final ten seconds. The two Barrons and the Raleigh are genuinely quite rare and not run of the mill eBay fare. Dawes tandems aren't super-rare, but they were expensive bikes new and have their dedicated enthusiasts. None of these bikes will appeal to the everyday buyer, but it's not them that are watching/bidding.
The fumble-fingered riders who can't manage friction shifters will give the old vintage ones a miss and if they bid on anything, it will be one of the two moderns. None of them have unrealistic start prices, so they will almost certainly all sell at first listing. I'd be very surprised if any don't go.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
5 out of 6 with bids totalling £573 with 2 days before the first ones finish. May not be spot on, but I don't think my estimate is going to be way out.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Unless my maths has gone awry, the running total is now £1,069 with the Dawes tandem and the two moderns still active auctions. I was very surprised how much the Barron two wheeler made, and also surprised the Raleigh didn't hit £150.

My original estimate was based on roughly:-
Barron Trike £400 - Achieved £352.
Dawes Tandem £250. Currently £230.
Barron Solo £200 - Achieved £241.
Raleigh £150 - Achieved £129.
Modern 1 £100 - Currently £57.
Modern 2 £100 - Currently £60.

Last edited:
Top Bottom