Can anyone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rebelpeter

Tell me what them things are to fit to drop handlebars like you rest ur elbows in these
Padded cups kinda and hold the front of the contraption to steer, most have them in Tour de France etc.

Need to know what they are to look em up on ebay...

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

Tri-bars?

Okay Rockymountain thank you.
Reb

If you don't know then chances are you don't need them, no offence meant by this, just my own opinion ;)

FYI - the only time they are used in road races like the TDF are during time trials, and the bikes they use on these stages are very specific and designed for one purpose.

That said if you do want some, (although they make the front end steering feel heavy), then have a look HERE :thumbsup:

I wouldn't buy new though, lots of people get them but find they don't like them and sell them on quite quickly, so there's usually bargains to be had.

Also, they are usually not permitted in any organised rides you may wish to do, although how strictly this is enforced I couldn't say.

[EDIT] @rebelpeter - FYI @Cyclist33 has a pair of TT bars for sale HERE.

Last edited:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
If you don't know then chances are you don't need them, no offence meant by this, just my own opinion ;)

I had the same opinion, until I saw quite a few riders in Holland in 2009 - these were folk on commuter/hybrid bikes. It can get a little windy over there and I guess they're useful in headwinds.

Top Bottom