Can frames be modified ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RufusChucklebutty

Über Member
I want a bike like this, but I don't want a premium product costing £1000's, i don't get any benefit from high end parts and I only do a couple of rides a week, are there any frame builders that would convert an existing fame to this and how much would it cost ?

Also fancy cutting the BB out and adding a bracket for a Pinion gearbox, but that's another story.

Salsa-Blackborow_1-1024x683.jpg

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'd be very surprised if it was possible at all that it would be cheaper than just buying a second hand one.

But I sense from your post you really just fancy having a play!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25551600...S6KPNlAGV5qM8g1lZ3w8PW_q9A5CkDV4aAv5IEALw_wcB

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd have thought it was fairly pointless modifying an existing frame. I imagine there wouldn't be much if any cost saving. Easier to start from scratch with the specs you want. There must be a number of frame builders who could do the work for but you're going to need deep pockets :smile:.
Alternatively look for a cargo bike new or second hand that might suit.

So you want a frame with longer seat stays.
The cheapest way I can think to build something like that would be to DIY a tandem with a very short distance between the BB's.
It's probably easier to do it that way rather than trying to extend the chain stays on an existing frame.

Luck ............... ^_^

Top Bottom