Can I claim to be a proper cyclist now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ah rule 5. Felt as though I have just been let into an inner sanctum :smile:
You probably should see a doctor about that. ;)

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Have you still got a car ? If yes then the answer is no.
YVMVW
Good point well made, but notice this was not in the list as linked to by jefmcg. Maybe this is so obvious it doesn't need to be written. Another fail by me.

Last edited:

Lonestar

Veteran
It's strange when I got my first bike I remember my dad calling me a cyclist which I thought was weird...I thought I would need some sort of certificate or something and not just become a cyclist because my dad bought me a bike.:blush:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
The rules are very stupid and infantile...
This is what's so brilliant about them.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
After 55km in the cold and rain this morning I was wondering whether I now qualify as a proper cyclist or just insane? Have to say I still enjoyed it. Set off in fine sunny weather at 9, even wearing my shades. Forecast was for rain about 12. Make that 9.45 in real time and after i was committed to The route. Another hour and a half later I was dripping in the hallway with my bike, which is still living in the dining room at the moment until I get a ground anchor sorted in the shed. Still loving riding my bike!
Yes, yes, but did you dry off the bike before you dried yourself?
Only if so you're a proper cyclist :whistle: ;)

Good point well made, but notice this was not in the late st as linked to by jefmcg. Maybe this is so obvious it doesn't need to be written. Another fail by me.

The velomati rules do not embrace not driving. One of the rules seems to implicitly accept putting your car before your loved ones. You can not follow the rules if you use your bike as transport. The rules a very strictly first world.

People who don't own a car do not care if they are wearing the right coloured socks or are wearing the cap at the right time when they are out of milk, or need wine.

The list expressly says you can't use a saddle bag. How do you get toilet paper home? Stuff it down your bibs?

Enjoy the list for the moronic moment it lets us share (I have rejoiced in my badassedness for not catching a train in driving sleet), then get on with your riding in a way that suits you best.

Top Bottom