Can I get some opinions on this tent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
Jugular said:
Do you need to get the same tent for both?
Good point. Also consider what sort of conditions you need it for - if you want it to be comfortable and reliable in November in Scotland, even £189 won't get you anything good enough. OTOH if you just want a 'festival tent' i.e. dry calm weather only, Lidl can sort you out for £35.

As always: "Light, cheap, strong. Choose any two".

Tedx

It looks like a good tent. If you have the money then don't get too hung up on saving a few quid here and there, when you're on tour you'll be glad you invested in good equipment.

I was glad to have a large porch on my tent as it's nice to have somewhere to change out of your wet gear and store your panniers when it's pelting down with rain, also good to cook in.

willem

Über Member
I think you should differentiate between your tent and the kids's tent. For the kids a 130 cm wide two person tent is fine, as long as there is some space for some luggage (something like a Hilleberg Nammatj 2). For you, however, I would not go below a 160 cm wide three person tent with a large porch such as, again by way of example, a Hilleberg Nammatj 3 GT. You will have nearly all the lugagge, and if the weather happens to be bad, you want to be able to huddle together for an hour or so in your tent. We used to have the Keron 4 GT and now have the Nammtj 3 GT and would not want to have anything smaller for als long as the kids will come with us. In fact, my wife thinks it is too small. She would have preferred a Keron 3 GT for the extra luggage space.
As for length, be careful with tents that slope at the back. Our 220 cm Nammatj is only just long enough for my 177 cm length. With my feet in my sleeping bag I do touch the inner tent cloth from time to time.
Willem

Top Bottom