can i race on a bronze licence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TAV

Guru
Ive been cycling for about 2 years and now fancy doing a few races will a bronze licence be ok i dont want the points just the experence.

PaulB

Legendary Member
You'll almost certainly need a bike.

iLB

Hello there
you'll be needing a bronze membership and a provisional race licence from british cycling, and I think the latter is free... means you can race but not get points.

and if you send off for it but want to race before it arrives they will send you a printable pdf version too, enjoy
thumbsup.png

oldroadman

Veteran
Not sure of the details but have you thought about breathing through your ears in the MTB, cyclocross or track arena(s)?

Chuffing good fun-really- and none of that lisence nonsense

Er, are you saying that track racing does not need a licence? Suggest a bit of fact checking.
They all require at least a membership card or day membership.
Unless you are going to unregistered events (which may equal cheap until anything happens then where is the insurance...).

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
A provisional license is good for most closed-circuit road racing events.

Check here (British Cycling, pdf doc. attached to this page)

monnet

Guru
For BC events, if you need at least a provisional licence and you'll have to pay a £10 day licence fee to ride closed circuit races (in addition to the entry fee). You won't be able to ride road races. If you're planning on doing regular racing it pays to take out a full licence (wider variety of events and cheaper in the long run).

I would add that if you're not interested in getting points then there seems little point getting involved in races, 4th cat races can be pretty twitchy and the aim is to get your points and move on.

Top Bottom