Can I see your wedding rings please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So it is me and my wife’s wedding anniversary at the end of the month. It’s a biggie for us-10 years and I am considering an eternity ring. I have been shopping in person and I’ve looked online but as of yet struggling to find that perfect ring.

Can I call on the good people of CC to show of their bling and give me some inspiration please?

As for tastes, the wedding ring is white gold complimented by a classy understated white gold engagement ring with a single diamond in it with prongs set in a love heart shape to hold the princess cut diamond in place. Looks a bit like this https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/4476301/18ct+White+Gold+0.25ct+Diamond+Solitaire+Ring/

Thinking something like this https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webst...Gold+Channel+Set+0.10ct+Diamond+Wedding+Ring/ would go nicely and is a bit Kate Middleton.

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I don't wear one so can't help.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
£300? Could get a half decent wheelset for that!

In all seriousness, congratulations on the anniversary. Mrs T has a not dissimilar eternity ring to the one you link.

A suggestion to think about antique - Mrs T chose an antique for her wedding band and I like it - very romantic to think of love cascading through the generations. Of course others prefer something spanking new, and nothing wrong with that if it's your preference.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I have my original ring that's all, but on the 10th anniversary (now 13 years ago!) my wife had the ring away from me for a couple of days to have "Love always - (Her name) xxx" engraved on the inside, I thought that was quite a nice thing to do.
I did buy a white / gold / white banded thing as an upgrade in the UAE years back, but it's got lost somehow, I only really wear the original one.

figbat

Slippery scientist
My wife has a white gold set of rings - a simple 3-stone engagement ring (small diamonds, barely wider than the fine band), a plain, fine wedding band and an eternity ring of alternate amethysts and diamonds - the amethysts are the birth stone of our first child, for which she was bought the ring. They all sit alongside each other neatly, which was important to her.

One thing we did for a big anniversary was get the lot replated as the white gold was starting to show pale yellow. Luckily I got a platinum wedding band which has a nice patina but has stayed silver.

In fact here they are, courtesy of Mrs figbat:
44D1A27B-1DD0-4928-A351-05F3267FFDF0.jpeg

Drago

Legendary Member
Mine is just a plain tungsten carbide band. My original was titanium, but im so tough and rugged and into all these manly pusuits and it got chewed up. The new one is immune to anything I've theown at it thus fae.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Never had any rings as I considered them a hazard if they got caught on anything moving.
My wife had the usual rings but her wedding ring disappeared and could not be found after she died. Very strange as she had it a couple of days beforehand.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Boggo titanium ring for me having lost the previous two. MrsF's friend is a jeweler and not keen on Titanium, due to them being difficult to cut off if needed. I usually 'bend' gold rings out of shape - this is still round after 2 years.

Top Bottom