Can I see your wedding rings please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Never had any rings as I considered them a hazard if they got caught on anything moving.
My wife had the usual rings but her wedding ring disappeared and could not be found after she died. Very strange as she had it a couple of days beforehand.
Ditto, after working on a fishing boat as a student it was about ten years before I could wear a wristwatch and I still can't wear any rings.

Drago

Legendary Member
Boggo titanium ring for me having lost the previous two. MrsF's friend is a jeweler and not keen on Titanium, due to them being difficult to cut off if needed. I usually 'bend' gold rings out of shape - this is still round after 2 years.
I found the Ti not terribly durable, but the tungsten carbide is like depleted uranium.

Im told that A&E, Trumpton, etc, have the kit to cut off Ti rings and shatter the tungsten carbide ones.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not keen on eternity rings as many look so old fashioned. A bit like pearl necklaces and drop earrings.

No slur on anyone here but we have friends who have shelled out £'s lots, on ER' s and they have the most passionless and dead in the water financially convenient marriages that you could imagine.

OP
OP
bikingdad90
@SpokeyDokey you can rest assured we don’t have a passionless marriage and are both very satisfied 😘 🤣😜.

As for the convenience point, there might be some truth in that, as we were childhood sweethearts, just entering our 30’s but I like to think we got it right first time and can enjoy ourselves in later life with grown up children which is the reverse of the cultural norm these days.

bagpuss

Guru
30 years plus and it still fits .
1631089202189.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had my old wedding ring polished yesterday. I've had it in a drawer since me and the former Mrs Accy separated a few years ago. I asked a local shop that sells gold and other jewelry how much it'd cost. the owner of the shop said it'd cost nothing as it'd only take 5 minutes. While in the small shop I saw the signet ring below. I asked how much it was. He told me it was 18 karat with a small diamond and for sale at £250 cash, not card and he'd also measure my 'pinky' for size and adjust it if needed and also polish it.

1657240031313.png

1657242116623.png

Wondering if it was really 18 and not 9 karat I bought it, thinking even if it's only 9 karat it's still worth it as I like it. Anyway, I took it to another similar shop and asked them what it was worth. They said they'd give me £300 for it as it was 18 Karat gold with a genuine (albeit tiny) diamond. Why did the seller let me have it for less than it was worth I wonder? 🤔

I'll wear my ex wedding ring on the right, not the left and not while wearing the signet ring as one ring is enough, otherwise it looks too 'blingy', in my opinion.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My wife had the usual rings but her wedding ring disappeared and could not be found after she died. Very strange as she had it a couple of days beforehand.
I asked my brother where our mother's wedding and engagement rings were after she died in an old folks home nearly 4 years ago. "Oh she probably threw them away during a dementia episode or maybe one of the staff stole them" he replied. Yeah right, more like he kept them or sold them I'd say.🤔

Top Bottom