Can I turn the clock back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C7KEN

Über Member
I'm a new member living in Spain, Up untill ten years ago I was fairly fit then I had the heart attack, seven weeks in hospital in Oxford then the triple heart bypass. I was very much restricted in the after rehabilitation as they said my heart beat was too fast so I became very unfit and breathles. Ten years later in January this year I picked my my son's Saracen mountail bike and decided to have a ride on it of around 5 km's that was certainly enough after all those years but I enjoyed it so did the same route every day for the next week. Then I joined a group and the first day out was 63km's with lots of hills. After that I needed a long lie down, however I continued but realised that taking statins for ten years was causing me the extreme muscle ache. So these are the changed I have now made and i'm so much fitter, with no leg pain to worry about.
First I went to see a very good osteapath who showed me how to stretch the legs before and after the ride. Then I started taking CO Q10 capsules. Went to the Doc and told him I wanted off statins for two months then I would only go back on if my cholestrol had gone very high. Started taking pure creatine before rides only a small teaspoon dose and Whey Protein isolate with milk after rides to recover. I now ride anything from 15 - 30 km's five days per week with a longer harder ride on a Wednesday with the group.Short hills are no problem, long ones are still hard but getting much easier. I will have the results of the blood test in a few days but even if I have to go back on statins I believe it will be a smaller dose and I also believe that the suppliments are helping to reverse the muscle damage caused by the statin use. So anyone taking statins and suffering try CO Q10 Creatine and Whey as I believe after a couple of months you will feel so much better. I have also changed to skimmed milk and as much low fat foods as I can find as I really don't want to be taking statins again. My fluid intake on a ride is pure orange juice with a small amount of flat coke added a tip I read on the Web and it tastes fine. Finally I bought a Moda Alto hybrid for my 70th birthday in August which I am very pleased with and my son has his bike back.^_^

Well done, C7KEN!

I can't imagine that cycling could ever be bad for your health, as long as you're careful and listen to your body.

If you can't get motivated to cycle in Spain, then I don't know where would be good.

All the best of luck to you.

Where abouts are you there?

OP
OP
C7KEN

C7KEN

Über Member
Thank you Dayvo
I live in the Costa Blanca near Torrevieja so have all the canal routes,bike tracks by the river, camino's etc to ride then we can go inland a little for the hills so yes its good cycling around here and very many people doing it.

Top Bottom