Can I turn the clock back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C7KEN

Über Member
I'm a new member living in Spain, Up untill ten years ago I was fairly fit then I had the heart attack, seven weeks in hospital in Oxford then the triple heart bypass. I was very much restricted in the after rehabilitation as they said my heart beat was too fast so I became very unfit and breathles. Ten years later in January this year I picked my my son's Saracen mountail bike and decided to have a ride on it of around 5 km's that was certainly enough after all those years but I enjoyed it so did the same route every day for the next week. Then I joined a group and the first day out was 63km's with lots of hills. After that I needed a long lie down, however I continued but realised that taking statins for ten years was causing me the extreme muscle ache. So these are the changed I have now made and i'm so much fitter, with no leg pain to worry about.
First I went to see a very good osteapath who showed me how to stretch the legs before and after the ride. Then I started taking CO Q10 capsules. Went to the Doc and told him I wanted off statins for two months then I would only go back on if my cholestrol had gone very high. Started taking pure creatine before rides only a small teaspoon dose and Whey Protein isolate with milk after rides to recover. I now ride anything from 15 - 30 km's five days per week with a longer harder ride on a Wednesday with the group.Short hills are no problem, long ones are still hard but getting much easier. I will have the results of the blood test in a few days but even if I have to go back on statins I believe it will be a smaller dose and I also believe that the suppliments are helping to reverse the muscle damage caused by the statin use. So anyone taking statins and suffering try CO Q10 Creatine and Whey as I believe after a couple of months you will feel so much better. I have also changed to skimmed milk and as much low fat foods as I can find as I really don't want to be taking statins again. My fluid intake on a ride is pure orange juice with a small amount of flat coke added a tip I read on the Web and it tastes fine. Finally I bought a Moda Alto hybrid for my 70th birthday in August which I am very pleased with and my son has his bike back.^_^

Dayvo

just passin' through
Well done, C7KEN!

I can't imagine that cycling could ever be bad for your health, as long as you're careful and listen to your body.

If you can't get motivated to cycle in Spain, then I don't know where would be good.

All the best of luck to you.

Where abouts are you there?

OP
OP
C7KEN

C7KEN

Über Member
Thank you Dayvo
I live in the Costa Blanca near Torrevieja so have all the canal routes,bike tracks by the river, camino's etc to ride then we can go inland a little for the hills so yes its good cycling around here and very many people doing it.

Dayvo

just passin' through
I spent four months in Albanchez, near Albox (inland from you) and the cycling there is excellent. I had a 70 km loop and it was great.

Cycling in Spain is heavenly!

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Hiya C7KEN
I live in the Costa Blanca near Torrevieja so have all the canal routes,bike tracks by the river, camino's etc to ride then we can go inland a little for the hills so yes its good cycling around here and very many people doing it.
Ive only been to Spain once with the bike and that was the Costa Blanca, that pretty much sums it up :smile:

Top Bottom