Can i use thes tiers on my bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
They are compatible, they are slightly narrower than the ones you currently have on the bike however. Schwalbe also do a studded winter tyre I've heard good things about. They also sell replacement studs for it.

https://www.schwalbe.com/en/spike-reader/marathon-winter.html

GOAB

winjim

Smash the cistern
They are compatible, they are slightly narrower than the ones you currently have on the bike however. Schwalbe also do a studded winter tyre I've heard good things about. They also sell replacement studs for it.

https://www.schwalbe.com/en/spike-reader/marathon-winter.html

GOAB
If you take into account the thickness of the tread and the spikes, you may find that a 32mm snow tyre is actually as wide or wider than a shallow tread 35mm cross tyre like the Conti CX Speed. Although I would expect there to be enough clearance on a cyclocross frame it's something to bear in mind, especially if mudguards are fitted.

Schwalbe Winter are the narrowest snow tyre available and come in 30mm, but with a shallower tread and fewer spikes than the Marathon Winter which comes in 35mm as the narrowest. They just fit on my CdF with guards fitted although without the guards I could fit a 32 or probably a 35mm snow tyre.

greekonabike

If you take into account the thickness of the tread and the spikes, you may find that a 32mm snow tyre is actually as wide or wider than a shallow tread 35mm cross tyre like the Conti CX Speed. Although I would expect there to be enough clearance on a cyclocross frame it's something to bear in mind, especially if mudguards are fitted.

Schwalbe Winter are the narrowest snow tyre available and come in 30mm, but with a shallower tread and fewer spikes than the Marathon Winter which comes in 35mm as the narrowest. They just fit on my CdF with guards fitted although without the guards I could fit a 32 or probably a 35mm snow tyre.

That was something I didn't consider. It's useful to know though. At least he's got the clearance for them.

GOAB

greekonabike

Tiers for Piers?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hey Thanks alot!!!
Hi!
The ones you linked to are much better for deep snow than the ones linked by @greekonabike - I've got both, I like a variety of tyres.
For deep snow you need studded and knobby linky
You also need to run either on a fairly smooth road (snow free, pothole free) without hard braking for 40km or you'll lose a lot of studs.

Top Bottom