Can it be saved or do i scrap ????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Collected my old Muddy Fox from my brother yesterday after i gave it to him a few years back.To say time has not been kind was an understatement ! Frame is snapped and everything is seized.I was thinking due to it being a nice light frame of trying to get it repaired for a fixie conversion,do any of you kind bods know if it will be do-able ? Here's the horror story in picture form,cover your eyes if you get upset easily !
025-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

Also collected this little gem in the same sort of state but without the snapped bits but with buckled wheels and seized bits !
030-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

034.jpg

It pains me to say it but i think the Muddyfox is dead :cry:

The BMX will make a great little project for those rainy days in the garage

Foxy

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
It pains me to say it but i think the Muddyfox is dead :cry:

The BMX will make a great little project for those rainy days in the garage

Foxy
I think the same but it would have been nice to save the old girl,got a lot of history between us :sad: The BMX is nice and will do for one of my darlings plus it will give me something to try out wheel truing on.

Gary E

Veteran
It depends how much you want to put into the re-build.
You could probably get the frame welded but it's a job for a pro not really a DIY thing.
After that it's just a case of cleaning and freeing up the rest of the bike and replacing what can't be brought back to life.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Only place I can think of taking it is Hodgsons Engineers top of Guest St (just off Holden Road Island on the left) in Leigh
Do they do bike frames or do they weld anything ? It's not the end of the world if it goes to the bike shop in the sky,but i did buy it in 1994 and had many good rides on it before i gave it to my brother

Judderz

They weld anything, they altered a frame for my brother years ago ( a steel tt frame), but they are good at what they do. No harm taking it and asking, at least then you can make an informed decision to get it done or let it meet its maker :sad:

Ivan Ardon

It's got vertical dropouts, so it's not really suitable for a fixie conversion.

I'd part it out.

Top Bottom