Can Picafort - Mallorca

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

I've been to Mallorca a few times and stayed in Puerto Pollensa and Can Pastilla. However, Can Picafort looks good too.

Has anyone stayed here for a cycling holiday and can they recommend any hotels/cycle hire places?

Thanks in advance

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I did a very cheap and cheerful "static home" (pretty much like a caravan on a camp site) in the late 80's, but we did hire tandem, It may have been single speed or a 3 speed SA hub, and cycled over to Formentor & back one day. 60km round trip. Does that count? ^_^

Can Picafort was pleasant enough, typical Mallorcan beach town. Puerta Pollensa is a bit nearer the mountains if that's your thing and will have more choice of bike hire places, I guess Can P gives you more options for non mountain stuff.

There is a thread somewhere worth looking at - maybe touring section, a chap used a few trains to places and then cycled back on Mallorca. there is a line from Sa Pobla into Palma.

SWMc

Never stayed in CP or rented from there, but cycled through it a few times last week. There's a Huerzeler outlet on the main road in CP - they are probably the largest bike rental company in Mallorca with a multitude of blue/red Cube bikes on the road. A friend rented from them last year (PP outlet) and they were pretty good; it was a virtually new 2023 Di2.

Here's the thread referenced in the above post. I found this very useful and took the train to Es Pont D'Inca one day from Sa Pobla, riding back through Randa. https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-water-in-majorca.295618/

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I will ask the question for you. Some of the Pan Celtic riders are there now. 🙂

Screenshot_20240417_213253_Strava.jpg

Top Bottom