Can see how to get one cap off but how about the other ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillstay

Über Member
Hi . The right hand one will just undo with the right spanner but how does the other one come off as the forks seem to be stuck locked. Thank in advance.

si_c

Guru
The one on the left is the lockout dial. On my old forks (Rockshox TK28) it came off with a lift of a screwdriver. But you need to check the service manual for your forks as it may be different.

OP
OP
Gillstay

Gillstay

Über Member
The one on the left is the lockout dial. On my old forks (Rockshox TK28) it came off with a lift of a screwdriver. But you need to check the service manual for your forks as it may be different.
Used the proper terminology, `lock out dial' as you gave me and got a good video showing it just as you said. Was trying with a screwdriver, but just felt something was going to break so backed off. Will give it a go again later. Thanks.

OP
OP
Gillstay

Gillstay

Über Member
That cap was covered in much underneath but came off in the end. The video's then show that the 5 mm allen bolt must be checked for tightness.
Sadly mine will not tighten and so when continuing to put the 4 mm in nothing happens. I am guessing I need to take the whole bit out.
Am I correct. thanks.

Top Bottom