Can somebody please explain why....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Electric bikes are very popular out here with hundreds seen every day, but when the batteries start to run out there are many a funny sight seeing them being peddled or being pushed with the feet and the rider still straddling the bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Ive only seen one in Edinburgh (but I cant remember), they were a bit more common when I lived in Dublin.

Abitrary

It's simply because bikes are getting faster and you don't realise you're too close until you're too close.

gbb

Legendary Member
Perhaps the Youtube 'courier races' are to blame.
If anyones been watching and emulating them...god help us all. They're a good watch BTW..

bonj2

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I've come up against an electric bike before, a converted Spesh Stumpjumper. The guy leapt off the lights so much faster than I had predicted, and he kept going right up to 30mph. I rode alongside him to the next traffic lights, had a little "Bloody hell thats fast" convo, before rather childishly demonstrating a (perfect :biggrin: ) 5000rpm racing start :smile:

someone electrified a stumpy? :tongue: that makes me ANGRY. :angry: :angry:

yenrod

Arch said:
Oi!:tongue:

I expect it's all part of this "gotta have it now, no matter what" culture we seem to be living - no-one can wait a minute for anything. That, and some people are just numpties....

Its been scientifically proven that A man a womans mind is wired different !

Never mind in a bodily biological sense ! :smile:

col

Legendary Member
What needs doing to an electric bike to get 30 mph out of it,i thought they were made to do only 15?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
col said:
What needs doing to an electric bike to get 30 mph out of it,i thought they were made to do only 15?

Apparantly its just a 'quick fix' to double the speed of mobility scooters. Can't see why this woul be much different.

Just realised, I haven't seen any threads complaining about mob scooters since I've been on here.

Cab

fossyant said:
Cab, you were overtaken by an electric bike - were you riding backwards...bloody hell !

:biggrin:

No, I was slowing down to turn left, its a sharpish corner with a poor surface. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it...

Top Bottom