Can this all be bloatware?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Thanks for responses. Think I'll start with DiskUsage and Clean Master Lite, then reformat the SD card as internal storage and see where that gets us to. I'll report back.
Just make sure you back up anything you need on the SD card first!

Katherine

Guru
I used to uninstall the Facebook app and log in and out of the website page instead.

Always clear the cache on each app.
Reset any unused apps to factory settings.

Set each app so that they can't update automatically.

keithmac

Guru
Just checked mine and not good (assumed my pictures took up the brunt of it but only 3gb apparently!).

Internet app is sitting on 1gb all by itself, need to do some house keeping..

If you have (Facebook) Messenger it saves a lot of data it seems.

Screenshot_20190913-222445_Device care.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's all lazy programming these days. You don't need to cram an app in a couple of Kb and the 'data cache' is a mare.

Move apps to SD if you can. My new phone is 64gb memory plus the SD card. I think 16gb phones now struggle with the bloat - they shouldn't.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks for responses. Think I'll start with DiskUsage and Clean Master Lite, then reformat the SD card as internal storage and see where that gets us to. I'll report back.
In the event I told her about Clean Master Lite and she ran it and reported back 'Yes, it worked. But it only cleared about half a gig.' I pointed out this upped her available memory by 50%+...

I ended up running it on my own Samsung S7 edge, and it got rid of something approaching a Gb, which again doesn't sound much, but when that increases your available storage by - in fact - over a third, it seems like a no-brainer. Ingrate that I am, I immediately uninstalled it. I know where it is if I need it again.

Whether it sorts out my daughter's actual issues - performance and, crucially, an inability to install new apps - remains to be seen. I think she's hankering for a new phone in any case. Her younger sister recently got one, and....

But yes, thanks for the Clean Master Lite tip. In time I might look into the using SD for internal, but for the moment I'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom