Can we talk about running?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Your training times sound similar to mine, back in the day, and I used to do 36-37 min 10Ks with a best of 34.53. Maybe stamina will play a part and that sort of heat but for 5km, maybe! I'm thinking positive!

The difference is that I'm 41 already, I only started running seriously 3 years ago, and I'm yet to run under 38 minutes for a 10k. :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The difference is that I'm 41 already, I only started running seriously 3 years ago, and I'm yet to run under 38 minutes for a 10k. :smile:
Okay!
I was 40 and started running at 35 so there's hope for you yet!
Whatever though, good luck!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, that was horrible. The temperature is climbing again and the humidity was absurd last night for the 5k track time trial. I gave up all hope of getting anywhere near a PB as did everyone else. The best times, for those who usually run 17.something were around 18.30, and I managed 20.04. I could have gone quite a bit quicker had I realised how close I was to 20, but I couldn't find my watch before I went out, so I was relying on pacing another member who I know is usually just a little bit quicker than me. Anyway, that's my baseline for the year. It won't get worse than that.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Heat and humidity are not conducive to good times. It's like running in warm soup. Better luck (and conditions) next time!
My PB in the 10k was set in November. I also once ended up in an ambulance on a very hot, humid 5 miler which I still find hard to believe.

Top Bottom