Can you remember yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Probably with the cycle chat clan as I use my fixed mainly for commuting. 65 miles with the boys and girls from here a few times

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
My rides with @Pennine-Paul were my longest fixed rides +100 miles on more than a few occasions which we always included bridle ways and / or canal towpaths...sometimes we wished we hadn't bothered..lol...6" deep rutted muddy NCN 6 is erm interesting fixed on 23mm tyres.

Recently I've been thinking of returning to fixed...my commute to work and back includes the long downhill of Manchester rd from Dunnockshaw, not good for 16" rims. The risk of a blowout is quite realistic.

This bad boy will probably end up in my garage by year end!!....

http://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/bikes/urban-bikes

D

Deleted member 1258

That on one pompino does look nice :smile: I think Mrs4F would have a fit if I got another bike :thumbsup:

I've been thinking about building replacement for my Pearson, I recon that Pomoinno would fit the bill nicely, add mudguards and a carrier and thats the commuter sorted.

D

Deleted member 1258

Details of my first fixed ride are lost in the mists of time, would have been sometime in the late 1980's, I remember my first ride on my Pearson, seven years ago it was a Sunday morning ride to the Railway Carriage Cafe on the Stratford Greenway, the bike was delivered on Friday afternoon and we had a house full of family, with that and a busy Saturday the first chance to ride it was Sunday morning, I left the house and by the time I got to the end of the road there was a big grin on my face and it was still there when I got home, I did fifty miles, I hadn't been on fixed for several years and it took a while to get used to one again, I scared myself silly spinning up on the first decent descent.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I still don't quite understand why I liked fixed gear. I've fallen off more than once due to forgetting that I can't freewheel (that's why I started stopping to answer my phone).

Ironically my average mph is always higher on fixed even at 66" due to the hills.

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
Mine was a FNRttC to Brighton on 16th May 2008 (I had to look at my photo album for the date...memory isn't that good!). Until then I'd used the fixie exclusively for my short and relatively flat commute to work. Now it's my bike of choice for all but the hilliest of rides.

Sharky

Guru
54 years ago is too long ago to remember! :laugh:

Ahhh, 54 and a half years ago, my 10th birthday and guess what, my first proper bike. A fixed wheel Hill Special. Can't remember my first ride on it, but I remember my last ride on it a couple of years later. A 2 mile ride to my local Woolworths, where I innocently left it outside unlocked.

Came out and it was gone!

Top Bottom