Can you see me? See whom?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Haha!
Nope, but takes about 60 seconds to loosen the ice; so it falls off when the window is open!
But you've still got to drive a Ford for the other 364 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes. :laugh:

Sorry, being serious for a second, I like the Quick Clear screens and I'm surprised that no-one else uses similar technology. Then again, there are a bunch of alternatives (remote starting, electrical heaters or just using a garage) which don't put vertical stripes across your view of the world.

akb

Veteran
But you've still got to drive a Ford for the other 364 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes. :laugh:

Sorry, being serious for a second, I like the Quick Clear screens and I'm surprised that no-one else uses similar technology. Then again, there are a bunch of alternatives (remote starting, electrical heaters or just using a garage) which don't put vertical stripes across your view of the world.

Wow...no sleep?! :ohmy::smile: Why do you think I took up cycling...? :laugh:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Ford heated front windscreens are great. I heard, though it may be urban myth that Ford hold the copyright or whatever on this technology...... Volvo on the other hand gifted the 3 point seat belt to the world*

*Or something like that.

deanbmx

Über Member
I was really surprised at the idiot in front of me who didn't even use the rear heated screen....let alone scrape any other window. I think it look me all of about 2 mins to do the whole car this morning. It's ridiculous

I have a Ford with a heated front screen and it is a boon in frosty weather, but the main problem I find with all of the diesel cars I have owned is the sheer length of time it takes for the engine to warm up sufficiently. The more efficient diesels get, the longer they take to warm up. A petrol car will soon warm up if left ticking over for a few minutes, but diesels don't.

Top Bottom