Canada BC by (Motor)Cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falco Frank

Über Member
Canada 2015: Wild Canada West

Well, thats the title given our tour by the hire company, I'm still trying to decide on my own.

Nearly back a week now and I cant get my head around all the sights and things we did. The whole tour was riddled with issues that we overcome but sadly made it much more stressful than it should of been.

The GS1200's (Loony and Toony) after the Canadian 1 and 2 dollar coin names (yes, really) were very capable but a bit... uninspiring, sorry - I rode the higher spec red, (Loony, fancy that) model and was glad of the heated grips and cruise control it must be said:

-sVAWt2TDWVQD5cCise8Ve7rt6LNLSiylNF3RE3vUtYqwOioYM_VqsQsZXfHn7YZ3F9pKEXRzlx6TpUSHJLwOQ_MHIOeJTH22BMTA59kRdf3xSvARBfyB0XPQZ0ryZVK_My57lg5ZvALdvEKV_a-DwzFrPBrhe4uyQYXWC1hQ_4Cl5plqjvlslE5a7V2Icd_mq4KR2XzZJDrntBhbj8Fk8Zdn1uTBIYPGfhUkyyqmcOz-dgyH10HlQJ6Zzu6H1UGlA8kfl3J3L7DJFMweeirc3Y_3pwlrcEW_DxZyYXdiP-ETscP_OzNVjdz-zJBf9NHtwTKUln9JPRjnJAKXaz19FeaLtihABvhqfuLfwbg0ajlYG87nV8zSh0tNidXS_SrqjJbi1MDmcFE6xz5V-g5IJQdxxjvS3O2TNtxwTWby95OqDmpAxrFdg49jaTD4AM0hxu0q17hhtypu5RrsdyObTYV9QXfw2Ggbs7pyb13EvnL98ShWE9_QVTiU1rymgDNbAgc2EtfIzow0MmFjZRiOdGQ=w695-h926-no

Our routed changed a bit in the last month of planning to include a dip into the USA:

RvgfrSLwB5xGqLLUiqKSZ_FNmuNOTuFzCpr0d7FZv-Fwr3xpwRjl2QIBrLCBIZmtX1eP7XEPJr6Hn78pAv=w1158-h926-no.jpg

Starting and finishing at 'J'

Yes, it was crazy, awesome, frightening and wonderful:

aKLMkZ7lflCCxzcFOotTaOdsocs18P3KtS-40uqnNSBk-Xpd5wcWAFjmF-3Gvt04UpNDv5qG3Lu3pkPh27=w1235-h926-no.jpg

and yes, we rode to the top of an 8500 foot mountain...

IjFEBhvCn3sy_4GS2TAW4cYch9q3B0G85KNPBkhS6Qm7lGPbPhiuSJqVwHTIJlVU7FaXl-d6sQEM1DZSLy=w1235-h926-no.jpg

We managed 2000 miles in total but, in fairness the speed limits are much lower than here and the penalties much stiffer so we were very good boys (when needed, anyway).

I'll do a proper writeup in time but I'll finish off by saying if you get the chance to even GO to Canada, never mind ride once there:
Just DO it :-)

Banff & Whistler were simply fantastic cycling places, bristling with MTB's especially in summer. I was surprised however at not seeing a single recumbent!

Cheers - Frank & Norrie

And Finally: Go on then a bit of Video from my JVC cam, can still feel the joy of being of the road!

]View: https://youtu.be/sr_NRQnOeGY[/video]

Brandane

Legendary Member
That is one of the things near the top of my bucket list. Have looked into it but the cost of bike hire is a bit steep. Don't want a GS or a Harley xx(, but some companies advertise VFR's; that would do nicely :wub:.
I might compromise and do it by car (I know, I know, I prefer two wheels myself!).
I have family friends in Peachland BC and a standing invitation. Hmmmm, very tempting.......

Top Bottom