Cane Creek Headset bearings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm attempting to source some new bearings for my Cane Creek C2 headset. No joy so far though as they appear to be a non-standard size.

Headset Bearings Cane Creek sizes.jpg

I don't know the bevel angles. Depth is 4mm (ish, as I don't know whether to measure the total depth or the steel parts)

They are on Manitou Black reverse arch forks with 1 1/8 steerer.

DSC_0618.JPG DSC_0616.JPG

I have contacted Cane Creek but am awaiting a reply.

Until I can replace them, I have tweaked them apart and cleaned and lubed them up as a temporary measure but really need replacing soon.

Superstarcomponents were helpful but couldn't help, and all the other usual suspects had the same size specs as them.

Anyone know where else to try please?

lpretro1

Look like standard 11/8th" - the only question then is they are either 45x45 deg pr 36x45 deg - take to LBS and ask them

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I had a similar issue with the cane creek bearings on my 2004 Giant TCR. The local Giany dealer could not source anything suitable as they were an odd size.
The frame is now hanging in the garage.
One option is to give HOPE a call as they do some mix and match headsets that might do the trick ....

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Thanks for the reply folks..

@lpretro1 It's 1 1/8 for a 30mm internal diameter bearing, yes, but the outside diameter appears to be larger than standard ie 45mm.
@Fab Foodie I'll check out the Hope site. Ta
@Drago I like the present look, but will probably end up changing the whole lot if I can't fine replacement bearings soon.
@migrantwing Yep, checked that site thanks, it doesn't show the C2 option.

I received a reply from Cane Creek yesterday evening:-
'That model has been out of production for so long that parts are no longer available and unfortunately it is not compatible with parts from any current models. You can replace the entire unit with an EC34/30 model from the 40 or 110-Series.'

I'll sort summat soon.

:smile:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

@lpretro1 It's 1 1/8 for a 30mm internal diameter bearing, yes, but the outside diameter appears to be larger than standard ie 45mm.
@Fab Foodie I'll check out the Hope site. Ta
@Drago I like the present look, but will probably end up changing the whole lot if I can't fine replacement bearings soon.
@migrantwing Yep, checked that site thanks, it doesn't show the C2 option.

'That model has been out of production for so long that parts are no longer available and unfortunately it is not compatible with parts from any current models. You can replace the entire unit with an EC34/30 model from the 40 or 110-Series.'

I'll sort summat soon.

That's good info ....

migrantwing

Veteran

I'll sort summat soon.

Glad they replied to you. Still doesn't make sense, does it. I wish they'd make things easier to understand these days.

Top Bottom