Cannondale Bad Boy Northampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Number6

Bit gutted has not had this long but my Bad Boy deore was nicked between 10 last night and 5:30 this morning from our garage. What amazes me is that I didn't hear anything, the up and over door was wrenched off it's hinges to get in. They ignored the 3 motorbikes in there in favour of the Bad boy which makes me think this wasn't an opportunistic crime.

Anyhow NN4 area 2010 Bad Boy deore absolutely standard except for a mini pump on the seat tube, now to ring the insurance company, oh joy.

Sorry to hear that mate, especially as I am also in NN4 and have a new bike (and motorbike) in the garage. Been thinking about security measures for some time because of the motorbike - may have to do something now.

Hope the insurance claim proceeds smoothly.

OP
OP
N

Number6

Waiting for the call back now. I guess financially it could of been worse but I've gotta say I'm totally gutted. Last thing I did last night was pump the tyres up ready for this mornings ride.
I guess I better start looking around for a replacement because I'm not hopeful of seeing my bike again.

OP
OP
N

Number6

Just as a bit of a follow up insurance claim has been dealt with and I have nothing but praise for the CIS (Co-Op)

Called them at 8:15 yesterday morning to lodge the claim got a call back at around 11:00 went through all the details, my heart sank a little when they said they only dealt with Halfords for all their replacement bikes. I pointed out I wanted to replace like for like and the nice lady went away to do some research.
By 2:00 the claim was settled.
Upshot is they are paying me directly and I can now go looking for a new bike, that takes away some of the bad taste of having a worthless piece of sheet stealing my bike in the first place.

Top Bottom