Cannondale CAAD 10/8- which to go for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
I ride roughly the sort of miles that you do weekly and I've been riding a CAAD8 since early february which I'm still pretty smitten with. I can't say how much more 'heads up' it is compared to a CAAD10 as I've never ridden one but someone at my local CC has one and she does seem to have a more tucked in position than I do. The supersix is that much more again!

If you can, try and get them side by side and compare. I think that'll make your mind up.

Tony.

OP
OP
iainw

iainw

Iain
Cheers Tony, I think that's pretty much sold it for me. CAAD8 105 it is!

That is, unless they let me test drive the CAAD10 and I get a rush of blood to the head...^_^

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I ride roughly the sort of miles that you do weekly and I've been riding a CAAD8 since early february which I'm still pretty smitten with. I can't say how much more 'heads up' it is compared to a CAAD10 as I've never ridden one but someone at my local CC has one and she does seem to have a more tucked in position than I do. The supersix is that much more again!

If you can, try and get them side by side and compare. I think that'll make your mind up.

Tony.

The CAAD10 and Supersix geometry are very similar. To re-quote Cannondale:

The CAAD10 is a thoroughbred racer. Its geometry is virtually identical to our SuperSix EVO for razor-sharp cornering and aggressive race positioning.

Whatever you find more comfortable. Take a couple of long test rides. Also if both fit the same then pick the one that gives you a bigger grin as then you will love it and ride more.

400bhp

Guru
Caad 10, if you can afford to, and assuming you keep the bike for 10 years say, it's only £30a year extra (before resale price which will bring the difference closer)

outlash

also available in orange
The CAAD10 and Supersix geometry are very similar. To re-quote Cannondale:

I don't doubt that, our regular rider with the 10 is heads down, but we did have someone who rides a supersix join us for a run a couple of weeks ago and they looked like they were in an aero position on the hoods! Maybe the bikes fitted them differently?

Tony.

OP
OP
iainw

iainw

Iain
I ended up with the CAAD 8 105, the mechanics told me the difference between the two frames is marginal and would only justify the cost if I was racing. Anyway done about 80 miles on it so far and it is hands down the best bike I've ridden, absolutely superb...

potsy

Rambler
I ended up with the CAAD 8 105, the mechanics told me the difference between the two frames is marginal and would only justify the cost if I was racing. Anyway done about 80 miles on it so far and it is hands down the best bike I've ridden, absolutely superb...
Glad you like it, I got the same bike a few weeks ago and am loving mine too :thumbsup:
New wheels ready to go on soon, it should make it even better :bicycle:

billy1561

BB wrecker
Great bikes Cannondales..
As Rob and Smokey have already said the 10 is a cracking choice and is a better bike than the 8 BUT, the 8 is nevertheless a lovely bike which will give you endless hours of superb riding.
Great choice :thumbsup:

Top Bottom