Cannondale Caad 8 6 Tiagra or Specialized Allez Tiagra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BritRacingBreen

Hi.
New to a bike forum but need to ask for advice from peeps who know. I got back into cycling proper about 4 years ago when i upgraded to a decent MTB. I enjoyed the local trails etc but for the last year I been riding on public roads & cycle Greenway routes which ive found enjoyable using slicks and my fork lock on. I now wish to purchase a proper road bike and i have managed to narrow my search to either the a Cannondale CAAD8 6 Tiagra or Specialized Allez Tiagra. Both are approx £850. Its towards my top end of budget. Both are similar in reviews. I like the look of both. I intend just to enjoy the local roads with no intention of racing. I am knocking on a bit (late forties..lol) plus i am carrying about one stone extra weight. (Too much Guinness ). Which bike is best? I intend a visit to bike shop for a closer look etc. Thanks ☺

RebornBumbler

They probably wouldn't feel very similar to ride.
Given that you have no interest in racing (which is pretty-much what the Allez is all about), I'd concentrate on the CAAD8, and any other bikes locally available being marketed as "relaxed", "endurance" or "sportive".

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Much of a muchness .
Try both and decide what rows your hoe .
If i had to choose i would say the caad but go for the one that feels right .

Top Bottom