Cannondale Caadz Ultegra 2014 sizefit

Framesize 56 or 58

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ander

Im on about to buy a cannondale caadx ultegra 2014 model, i have to buy it without trying, due to the fact only retailer is overseas.

Im to commute, smaller trips in the woods, and back-forwards on work

So i hope to get it right 1 st time around, instead of having to ship it back and so on.

My measures height 6"1 , inseam 33,5.

Im pretty confident its all down to a size 56, or 58. I had one answer, from a store owner, 58 was the estimate.

I appreciate answers more than you would know :-)

I do understand a bikefit is the best way, but i havent got that option. Ive up until now seen answers as "one size down when cyclocross vs road bike", long torso, smal torso, Gorilla arms, t-rex arms, ect ect. and i made perhaps a smaller ajudgement in my first opinion that 58 was THE choice, i understand its easier to adhust the bike when smaller, not the other way around. Still i want nothing to small.

But actually im caught in between 56 and 58, im actually a 57 put on clean paperdata.

Im eager to get going, come Spring and all...

medavidcook

Ok according to a site listing the bike.

56cm - is 173cm - 183cm 5ft6in - 6ft
58cm - is 183cm - 191cm 6ft-6ft2in

hope this helps

OP
OP
Ander

Ander

@ medavidcook

Sure its always a help to get answers, so thankyou very much for your reply.

Its a marker in the sand for a 58, you could say, but then again a sizeframe cant be measured alone by one`s height, thats a fact, long legs, or short legs plays a role offcourse.

But as for now im on a 58

OP
OP
Ander

Ander

@Peteaud, yeah.. thanks for the reply.

That evens the score, and im back to scratch lol. 6 foot tall, thats no more than about 3,5 cm less than me, 1,5 inch.

But id say perhaps maybe the exact model/models you have isnt to be compared 1-1 with the caadx, or maybe you have some info you wanna share.

Btw as a general notice, im not to be taken way too seriously regarding what ever undertones might accour in my form/writing in generel when in English, its not my naitive language.

Peteaud

Veteran
@Peteaud, yeah.. thanks for the reply.

That evens the score, and im back to scratch lol. 6 foot tall, thats no more than about 3,5 cm less than me, 1,5 inch.

But id say perhaps maybe the exact model/models you have isnt to be compared 1-1 with the caadx, or maybe you have some info you wanna share.

Btw as a general notice, im not to be taken way too seriously regarding what ever undertones might accour in my form/writing in generel when in English, its not my naitive language.
I have the synapse and super6. If you go to cannondale website you can compare geometry on all their bikes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ander

Ander

Hi guys, i ended up going with the 56 frame, after a good chat with the storeemployee, he imself knew the bike offcourse, and being a inch hight than me, he recommende the 56. And i had the same thoughts as @haemato, its not a small bike as it is 56, and it holds better oppertunity to change the reach ect.

G`day

Top Bottom