Cannondale or Scott road bike, advice/opinions appreciated.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
I'm on my 3rd bike.

I could have bought anything at a reduced price if the bike I wanted was available at a reduced price.

Indeed, a friend of mine bought both his C2W bikes at discount.

RRP is meaningless anyway.

aces_up1504

Fair enough but I was told otherwise and seem most places like Evans and Wiggle, Halfords and the other mentioned from the link only do it c2w from rrp.

400bhp

Guru
Fair enough but I was told otherwise and seem most places like Evans and Wiggle, Halfords and the other mentioned from the link only do it c2w from rrp.

No they don't.

Last bike was from Evans, and the bike before that was from Halfords. My mate bought both his reduced priced bikes from Halfords. Only a few weeks ago I was at Evans looking at C2W bikes and I could have bought any on offer. I don't know what you're reading on line and CBA to look to be honest.

Zakalwe

You don't even need to use these schemes to get the tax savings, my employer just phoned up the bike shop with the company credit card, handed the invoice to the accountant and the cost was treated as a company purchase at whatever price the retailer accepted. If there's any instruction from a particular scheme that you must pay the manufacturers RRP then it's a scam to get more money out of you.

aces_up1504

As said dont want to take the OP off topic to much, just wanted to point out like me he thought that c2w can only be used againt rrp and we have shown that is not strictly true.

Its probably more to do with normally its costs some retailers 10-15% in admin/payments to accept a voucher and if you have already discounted it 15% there is probably no or very little profit in it for a Local indep bike shop.

Top Bottom