Cannondale Synapse Carbon headset bearing size

• Thread starter Deleted member 22722
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 22722

Hi,

I know I need 1 ¼” & 1 ⅛” integrated bearings for my headset but does anyone know exactly what size I need. I don’t really want to have to strip the bike down to measure only to have to do it again when the bearings arrive if I can help it.

Cheers

Lpoolck

Veteran
I know some time has passed since the OP, but did you ever find this out as I am having the exact same issue? I have reached out the Cannondale but they will only tell me the part number for the full headset (KP203) and nothing more! I also contacted my LBS which is a Cannondale dealer and they didn't know either - they just suggested bringing the bearings down and they will try to find like/like replacements from their stock.

I actually did strip the bike down but the codes/sizing are printed on the outer race which has worn/degraded so is no longer legible. I have measured them but I am unable to measure the angle of the edge of the bearing as they aren't flat like hub/crank bearings.

I'm not sure why Cannondale have made it so hard for consumers to buy replacement headset bearings.

Lpoolck

Veteran
Thanks for that, I will reach out to him and keep the thread updated in case the response is helpful to others.

Lpoolck

Veteran
To date, Qwerty Cycles have failed to get back to me.

However, there was a bearing factory/supplier in my local industrial estate and I took the bearing down to see if they could sell me a replacement or inform me the bearing code/chamfer angle. Fortunately they had the correct size bearing - and at a good price!

Therefore my advice would be for those in similar circumstances, to look up your local bearing supplier and see if by chance they stock then correct bearing.

Hope that helps someone.

Top Bottom