Cannot Find Wi Fi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We have eight devices which connect to our Wi Fi. Six of them are connecting as expected, two are not.

The two devices which are not connecting cannot see/find the router, the other devices can. The two devices which cannot see the home router are an Assus laptop and an iPhone 4.

I have tested the router being discoverable by doing “forget” on working devices and then doing a reconnect successfully. I feel this discounts the router.

The devices which aren’t working will find and connect to other Wi Fi networks so the devices are clearly functioning correctly.

This began 48 hours ago.

I’ve tried numerous suggestions from Google searches. On the iPhone I’ve done reset network etc.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Serious question: have you turned it off and on again (the router)?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

This sets my alarm bells ringing... It's a very old model (old in phone terms, at least), no longer supported by Apple, so maybe there's a compatibility issue...

Has the router or the phone had a firmware update recently? Is it possible the router has updated itself without telling you?

Might be worth trying to reset the router to factory defaults.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Have you looked in the cupboard under the stairs? That's where I always look for stuff I can't find....or in the bottom drawer in the kitchen...

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you look at my recent posts I had the same problem with my laptop.....it suddenly just would not recognise the router. I asked the same questions on CC but none of the suggestions worked. I was about to phone Virgin when, some 5 days later it decided to recognise it again......really weird.

midlife

Guru
My devices sometimes "lose" the router, usually when theres another Wi-Fi switched on nearby and they pop up on the Wi-Fi list. Dont ask me why the neighbours switch their routers off if they are not at home or at work.!

postman

Legendary Member
Have you looked in the cupboard under the stairs? That's where I always look for stuff I can't find....or in the bottom drawer in the kitchen...

If you find my cycling mojo send it on first class i'll pay the postage.

classic33

Leg End Member
If you find my cycling mojo send it on first class i'll pay the postage.
Either of these?
wp6a489bea_0f_400x400.jpg

sKHmgpyF_400x400.png

Top Bottom