Can't eat after a long or hard ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I can't eat much during and after a ride either. most of the time a round of toast at the cafe stop, or if I'm not stopping a little malt loaf during the ride. After the ride a couple of chicken thighs or a ham batch is enough. the following day my eating returns to normal.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I like a milkshake after a big ride. The body can grab the protein it needs to recover almost immediately.

I really want to enjoy beans on toast mid ride but can't. I get really bad stitches.

I also really want to see @Banjo have a full English breakfast before going up Cheddar Gorge again.

Kajjal

Guru
I like a milkshake after a big ride. The body can grab the protein it needs to recover almost immediately.

I really want to enjoy beans on toast mid ride but can't. I get really bad stitches.

I also really want to see @Banjo have a full English breakfast before going up Cheddar Gorge again.

I also find a milkshake works well after a ride. A full English works well a couple of hours before as well. In the middle of the ride anything more than cake and coffee is not good for me.

WelshJon

My appetite isn't as high directly after a ride, which I've always put down to guzzling water. An hour after and a power nap later then i will destroy anything in my path.

rivers

How far can I go?
I am not a massive eater before or during a ride. I might have a cereal bar, toast or flapjack before the ride. I tend to snack on cereal bars, flap jacks or trail mix during a ride. And about 30-60 minutes after I get home, I have a proper meal. If we have a cafe stop, I normally can eat something like eggs on toast or a small sandwich, but nothing massive. I did a 75 mile ride about a week ago fueled by toast and some sweet potato fries, plus some snacky bits while on the ride.

Simontm

Veteran
I'll snack on long rides but at the end I will have a pint of milk and a banana. I don't feel like a big meal for at least 30mins afterwards. Never thought it odd.

Top Bottom