Can't Find Motvation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JDM

Regular
Some people here already know me. This Summer i managed to lose like 12 pounds, but now school started and i have eaten all kinds of unhealthy stuff... Even some burgers and chocolate.

Im 17 and about 260 pounds. I really want to get some motivation to start losing weight again. School starts at 8.15 so i thought that it would be a good idea to go to sleep a little earlier and wake up at 6 in the morning and go for a 1 hour ride.

Then after school ride some more.

But whenever i shop i don't really know what to buy, i really love Yoghurt so it eat it daily and i know its fattening... Today i bought some frozen broccoli mix, beans and spinach. What else should i eat?

Especially what would be a good breakfast for a morning ride?

i am also eating lots of noodles and i should problably cut them out.

I have no problem cutting out all the bad stuff but can you just tell me what should i eat? Thanks alot.

I have no problem cutting out all the bad stuff but can you just tell me what should i eat? Thanks alot.

plenty of dietary advice all over the internet - I doubt if the advice you get here will be any different. If motivation is a problem for you, then nothing is likely to change. You have to WANT to lose weight.

plenty of dietary advice all over the internet - I doubt if the advice you get here will be any different. If motivation is a problem for you, then nothing is likely to change. You have to WANT to lose weight.
2nd that.
To some degree it not what you eat, but how much, its simple really if you eat more than you use, you gain weight.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
TBH, I think that cutting out snacks and bad stuff is the best way. Write a diary, and include everything that you eat, including the packets of crisps and choccy bars. Then you will see where the calories come from.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Avoid fatty foods where possible and calorie count. Fruit, veg and wholemeal stuff is all good. Bottom line is though to lose weight you need to be eating fewer calories than you are expending.

Avoid fatty foods where possible and calorie count. Fruit, veg and wholemeal stuff is all good. Bottom line is though to lose weight you need to be eating fewer calories than you are expending.
+1, its the only way.
Another thing as you eat more your stomach increases in size, so when you feel hungry its because the larger stomach gets to that point before a smaller one, so you are wanting to eat to stop the hunger pains.

vickster

Legendary Member
Porridge is a good breakfast - I make mine with a mix of skimmed milk / water, nothing sweet added but some like a smidge of honey

Eat fruit, veg and more low fat meat than carbs like potatoes, noodles, pasta

Low fat yogurt is ok, but avoid too much as the low cal versions are full of artificial sweetner (and some sugar), how about just trying a low fat natural yoghurt - maybe it is the sweetness that attracts, so again a teeny bit of honey or have with some fruit

Top Bottom