Cant get on with it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Had a garmin edge 520 plus for just over a year and try as i might i just cant get on with it as i prefer my edge 800.
Too many buttons for my liking , im sure it has it benefits but for me its just a bit too fiddly and i prefer the simple interface of the 800 series.
half considering selling the 520 plus

1600619996832.png

Attachments

• 1600619972331.png
    1600619972331.png
    317.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Half considering buying this.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

well i sold it locally really mrs ck needed the money for glasses and i have been trying to use my old edge touring plus which get a route calculation error every time i try to follow a course :sad:
it loads the course then a minute or so into navigation it shows the error message and all i get is a line to follow with no warnings or off course messages .Today i have done a reset , updated the maps again but loaded the course to internal memory as a gpx rather than tcx file to see if it makes any difference.
TBH wish i had kept the 520 plus gievn the hassle i am having , it might have been a bit small but at least it worked :sad:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today i have done a reset , updated the maps again but loaded the course to internal memory as a gpx rather than tcx file to see if it makes any difference.
TBH wish i had kept the 520 plus gievn the hassle i am having , it might have been a bit small but at least it worked :sad:
Sorry if stating the blindingly obvious, but are you transferring the routes from your PC to the "New Files" folder in the Garmin? I've an old Touring Edge, an older 605 and a newer 820 and have always used the GPX format for the routes without problems.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Sorry if stating the blindingly obvious, but are you transferring the routes from your PC to the "New Files" folder in the Garmin? I've an old Touring Edge, an older 605 and a newer 820 and have always used the GPX format for the routes without problems.
Been doing that with tcx files I just did a full reset and now trying the route as gpx to internal memory

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

update
did a reset , installed a new sd card , re updated maps and changed the file format for the course file to gpx .whichever one of these was the issue fixed it and i did a course test today and it worked .

Top Bottom