can't log on with Tapatalk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Cos Shaun has upgraded the forum software and it doesn't play nicely with Tapatalk, so he's disabled it for the moment.

See here

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Isn't Tapatalk just an app to reformat forums for mobile devices, and if so, what does it offer beyond what the new 'responsive' design used by CC offers?

The writing is to small on my 7" tablet and hitting links that are small is a bit hit and miss using a browser, also Tapatalk alerts me of PM's etc through the phones status bar and Tapatalk provide hosting for any pics I want to post.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The writing is to small on my 7" tablet and hitting links that are small is a bit hit and miss using a browser, also Tapatalk alerts me of PM's etc through the phones status bar and Tapatalk provide hosting for any pics I want to post.
Tapatalk is faster, has a simple interface that matches the rest of the phone and I have a battery friendly white text on black background theme :biggrin:
Ah, ok ... I don't really use the phone much online and the Tab works fine with the normal web interface. I think if I were going to use the phone more, then I would take a look at Tapatalk, but I will give it a miss for now.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Ah, ok ... I don't really use the phone much online and the Tab works fine with the normal web interface. I think if I were going to use the phone more, then I would take a look at Tapatalk, but I will give it a miss for now.

Do what suits you best, and yes, my phone just alerted me to your reply!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do what suits you best, and yes, my phone just alerted me to your reply!
Hang on - if the phone alerts you, then surely something must be running in the background checking for messages of interest to you, in which case, how does it do that and not gobble battery life?

I have my Tab set up so that the wifi etc. are off while it is 'sleeping' and that gives me about 10 hours of use between charges.

I find it hard enough to concentrate on what I am doing without being alerted all the time. It is handy when I am actually on CC, but I would find it a bit much if I were doing something else at the time. Mind you, I have got a big portfolio of old posts, so people are forever replying to old stuff that I can't even remember posting! :laugh:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Well the phone is always active, there's a balance between functionality and battery life, the Led screen is the biggest consumer of power on the Galaxy S2, and bright things such as white backgrounds use more power than dark things. I think I can get about 15 hours between charges on a typical week day, but that reduces if usage includes photography or video or Web browser use.

Top Bottom