Can't see "Location" when logged in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
Hi,
Just noticed this, so not sure how long it's been happening or whether it's just me....
When I'm not logged in, I can see peoples location under their avatar as in picture 1, but when I am logged in the location is not visible as in picture 2.

Not logged in.png
logged in.png

It's not a big deal, but would be a nice to have?
Thanks

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'll do a few checks, then notify @Shaun about this glitch.

Pat "5mph"

@Slioch I have logged out: I can still see the location of members that have revealed it.
Are you on mobile or on pc/tablet?

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
I'm on a 9 year old laptop which is running Linux Mint (so not Windows), and my browser is Mozilla Firefox.

I did another test. I was logged-in, went to the "Just walking the dogs" thread, and could not see the location under the avatars of Roadrash and Sharky. The view was the same as in my second pic above.

I then logged-out, went back to the same thread, and could see their locations.

Might be a Linux thing?

I'll try from my tablet and see what happens on that. It runs on Android. I'll report back in a few mins.

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
Hmmm. Just tried it on my tablet (Android + Firefox) and it's the same . Logged-in = can't see location. Logged-out = can see location.
So it's not a Linux issue, and something to do with my account settings?

Pat "5mph"

Haha: I just used my Android phone with Chrome: now I cannot see anybody's location, either logged in or out, unless I click on their avatar ^_^

Top Bottom