Can't see some forums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Forums I used to exclude from new posts are just not there in the list for me anymore, neither are the ones I used to have permanently on exclude nodes. So News and Current affairs, doesn't exist for me now and is one I excluded from new posts, the BKool forum doesn't exist and is one I used to have in ignored nodes. I can't see a way of reversing this, am I missing it?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Ah, found it

1569661914008.png

OP
OP
C

Crackle

And on the ignored threads tab, is it possible to reverse the order so you see the newest first, not the oldest?

Shaun

Founder
I had to replace the ignore add-on and tried to run some queries to copy over the previous settings but it's possible it hasn't worked as well as I'd hoped. I'll add it to the to-do list and investigate. There may be some settings I need to change or another add-on that may work better.

Shaun

Founder
Not sure, I'll check - ISTR the members one being built-in. Has that changed for you too?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Not sure, I'll check - ISTR the members one being built-in. Has that changed for you too?
No idea sorry, never had anyone on ignore. Just thought it'd be funny for those that have, shall we say, extensive lists.

Shaun

Founder
@Crackle I checked the old and new database entries and they match, so it should have worked. Sorry it didn't. Could you try one thing for me - in case it's a caching issue - pick a forum you have not previously ignored ... ignore it ... and then go back to the list in your user account and see if it has re-loaded the previous list of forums you had on ignore. Thanks.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

@Crackle I checked the old and new database entries and they match, so it should have worked. Sorry it didn't. Could you try one thing for me - in case it's a caching issue - pick a forum you have not previously ignored ... ignore it ... and then go back to the list in your user account and see if it has re-loaded the previous list of forums you had on ignore. Thanks.
Sorry, Shaun, my clumsy wording has misled you. What I had on ignore was on ignore. Initially I couldn't figure out how to unignore forums because what the new software seems to have done is conflated ignore new posts and ignore nodes. So for NACA I had that on ignore new posts and when the new software came in it simply put it on ignore, which on this new software is the equivalent of node ignore.

So everything is as it was now and I've figured how to unignore stuff but there seems to be no equivalent of ignore new posts. I guess I can live with that.

Top Bottom