Canyon delivery times - are bikes often delivered sooner than expected?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I ordered my canyon last week. The estimated dispatch date is not until the end of September. From people's experience, is there much chance of dispatch being sooner than this? I knew what I was signing up for with Canyon but I still can't wait to ride my new bike :tongue:. I also think I would prefer if Canyon took payment when the order was placed, rather than having to set aside all that money for two months or so. All that said, their customer service has been good so far so no real complaints.

vickster

Legendary Member
I ordered my canyon last week. The estimated dispatch date is not until the end of September. From people's experience, is there much chance of dispatch being sooner than this? I knew what I was signing up for with Canyon but I still can't wait to ride my new bike :tongue:. I also think I would prefer if Canyon took payment when the order was placed, rather than having to set aside all that money for two months or so. All that said, their customer service has been good so far so no real complaints.
Think it could take even longer from what some folks have said in the past...
(that might apply to Rose too)

DaveM77

And it’s arrived 👍🏻
Quick assembly but off to the pub so will have its first outing tomorrow morning

Attachments

• 0C1E34C7-6A10-4E07-AF7B-DBEC7A50BBE9.jpeg
    0C1E34C7-6A10-4E07-AF7B-DBEC7A50BBE9.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 247
A work colleague had to wait quite a lot longer for his Grail last year. Canyon offered him several up specced alternatives and in the end he received a better bike vs what he had paid for although he had to wait about another 2 months or so. He's just bought a Spesh Epic and that arrived within 2wks even with a custom build.

DaveM77

First ride hasn’t gone to plan. Gears not set up properly and Canyon online support doesn’t appear to be working weekends. Spend £2k on a bike and you expect it to be working on arrival 😡

vickster

Legendary Member
First ride hasn’t gone to plan. Gears not set up properly and Canyon online support doesn’t appear to be working weekends. Spend £2k on a bike and you expect it to be working on arrival 😡
Downside of buying online unfortunately. Plenty of YouTube vids about indexing gears to try (or take it to your LBS)
Not surprised German CS not working on Saturday. Used to be the shops closed at lunchtime :laugh:

DaveM77

I just wanted to see if they’ll stump up the cost of getting work done before booking it in. My cheap vitus was perfect when it arrived last year 😬

vickster

Legendary Member
I just wanted to see if they’ll stump up the cost of getting work done before booking it in. My cheap vitus was perfect when it arrived last year 😬
Doubtful, but there’s no cost if you fix it yourself. You’ll need to at some point as you’ll get cable stretch but no 6 week service as you would have done if buying at LBS.
How do you maintain your Vitus?

DaveM77

Doubtful, but there’s no cost if you fix it yourself. You’ll need to at some point as you’ll get cable stretch but no 6 week service as you would have done if buying at LBS.
How do you maintain your Vitus?
Always got it done at LBS. I’m a newbie to bike maintenance. Need to get on and learn really

DaveM77

Looks like no tension in front deraileur. Trying to find video online on how to increase it now. Different style of deraileur to my other bike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 210
Top Bottom