Captain Gatso

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
Gandalf said:
I can't help, wondering if he's mentally disturbed in some way.

While I am sure he is a complete obsessive, he is unfortunately just an extreme manifestation of the mentality that seems to afflict many car drivers who seem to believe that any attempt to ensure that drivers comply with the law is totally unreasonable. ;)

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
I would say that they both got what they deserved although I think the sentences were rather lenient.

I don't see why you guys link this to SafeSpeed. I'm fairly sure that nobody on SafeSpeed or Pistonheads etc., would defend these criminals.;)

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
User said:
I seem to recall the cretinous Mr Smith doing exactly that - 'bigging up' Captain Gatso for his direct action.

Though I'm sure his minions will have excised any such references from the SafeSpeed threads now, so at to keep his memory shiny...

User as you well know I was referring to the two motorists NOT Captain Gatso.

OP
OP
S

spindrift

safespeeding linked to pictures of burned out gatsos, and printed the private names and addresses of people who dared ask for lower speeds in their village.

andygates

Yeah, that's not incitement, it's intimidation. The cowards hope that sensible locals will be so scared of what might happen that they don't dare speak up. But they don't have what it takes to actually hassle anyone themselves, the gutless toads.

Bless.

andygates

Captain Twatface can, though. Someone should lock him and Tom Cruise in a room. Twat baiting. Sport of the new millennium. (kinda like Soapbox)

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
I doubt Captain Gatso would approve of the driving of the 2 guys convicted (remember them). As I said previously most of the guys on Pistonheads & SafeSpeed are campaigning against profiteering from motorists who stray slightly over the limits. That has nothing to do with the way these 2 behaved.

Having said all that if I saw somebody torching a camera I would not report it.

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
Come on BC. You've spent time over there.

If you are referring to SafeSpeed yes I spend some time over there and on Pistonheads. What is your point please?

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
Mr P. Perhaps I am not making myself clear. I am saying that neither I nor others at SafeSpeed would support the drivers who caused the deaths of 3 people (see the start of this thread).

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
Do you not remember the thread about the uninsured taxi driver who killed a student on a crossing in Birmingham? There are several pages of posts trying to divert the blame away from the clearly guilty driver. It was the parents' fault, the road layout fault (based on lies), etc etc.

Can't say I remember that thread but that doesn't mean that it did not happen. SafeSpeed has a forum where people can say what they like. Those views do not necessarily represent most SafeSpeed supporters.

From my point of view I campaign against what I see as the persecution of and profiteering from motorists who may accidently creep accidentaly slightly over the limit. That does not mean defending blatantly dangerous drivers.

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
No not backtracking Mr P., just making a point. As I said SafeSpeed is an open forum.

Tell you what I will post a similar thread over there and we can see if those guys get any sympathy. Wadayathink????

Top Bottom