Car advertising

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
At a particular school which is located on a small one way road, the school runners park on the sidewalk which leaves no room to get past them. So I just walk on the road amongst the traffic and don't particularly get out of their way too quickly.
Heck, if cars get parked where I walk, then I'll walk where they drive.

Salar

A fish out of water
I quite like the latest Skoda ad with Paloma Faith.

Gunk

Guru
At the time they were brilliant. Now they’d feel noisy and slow. So my tastes have also moved on, Mk 7 Golf GTD for me at the moment although I’m thinking of going back to a GTi

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You know those cars that read speed limit signs and display the current limit on the dash? I want that, but added with an indicator for the point I need to lift off to decelerate smoothly to be under that limit or to reach the red traffic light or stopped/slow vehicle ahead at walking pace if it doesn't change/move as I approach. Do any cars have that and why is this stuff never in adverts? I don't mind driving when needed but I would always like it made easier.

Adverts lately seem more often to show shoot like touch screens and text messages which seem like drawbacks that make it more difficult to concentrate on not killing other road users.

And don't get me started on that insurance mascot nobber who hurtles round a blind corner and crashes avoiding a static deer. I don't want to pay for his claim!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
And don't get me started on that insurance mascot nobber who hurtles round a blind corner and crashes avoiding a static deer. I don't want to pay for his claim!

On a side note :

I was sat down the front at the Millennium Stadium for a Wales Rugby match when the aforementioned nobber (Welshman Wyn Evans) was standing near by the touchline, warming up the crowd.

When he finished singing, a bloke behind me shouted "pay my claim you b**** !" much to the amusement of the crowd

I've never seen him sing there at a match since. :laugh:

johnblack

Über Member
No, you're just leaping from one Aunt Sally to another. The problem is complicated. Why do people reach for the exhaust pipe so readily and what should we change to reduce it? Would tackling fraudulent false car-topia adverts help? Ban them from marketing cars as "ideal for the school run"? Really, that should be a socially irresponsible and repulsive idea but it seems to be accepted. Who's got the red pills?
Yeah ban it, definitely more banning is required.

lane

Veteran
People buy cars for reasons other than their ability to go from A to B. I feel the same about my car as my washing machine - it carries out a useful function for me but beyond that I have no interest.

Edit - I don't particularly enjoy doing the washing and I don't particularly enjoy driving.

..and I feel a weight has been lifted, even with the addition of a halo.
If you want to lift more weight from your shoulders, do some virtue-signalling too. Casually mention in all conversations that you saved the planed 400grams of CO2 this morning just by not turning on the hot water when you showered. Do suggest that others do that too.

Sounds a bit like a fairy tale.

Top Bottom