car battery charging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Not sure tho would have thought so. I don't have a reader as never needed one but can see I'm prob gonna need one with this car.

How much do you think I should spend on a fcr, could I get one for say 50 quid? Or am i dreaming

You will be able to buy one for that price. It will be a OBDII Bluetooth dongle. You then use an App on your phone called Torque or Torque Pro. The app communicates with the dongle and receives the engine data and codes. See Torques website or App information for compatible dongles= only buy the recommended models

gbb

Legendary Member
I
Slightly off topic, but relevant in a roundabout way...

My Dad's first job from school while awaiting college was an and Austin-Morris dealership. His job was to tart up the new cars prior to sale, and that often included disguising the rust.

Doubtless a neccessary task given the times. Circa 1977 I used to drive past a storage yard, presumambly for Ford, full of Cortinas, many with rusty sills and door bottoms.

november4

I have a honda that has a daft charging logic, and it only give the battery a boost on a time based algorthim, from last start and for time of engine running. Before I realised this I was going through a battery every 2 years. The trick is to put the headlights on, then it kicks in the alternator circuit to charge the battery. I have usb charger that plugs in the cig lighter socket which shows battery voltage, when its 14v its charging

Anyway.........I recomend getting a smart charger to occasionally put on your battery, in situ, as the OP asked originally. I put it on once a month

Noco genius 5 is good, they have higher rated models for faster charging, but the cheaper 5 model does the job for me

Top Bottom